Apple has just released their latest patch for OS X Lion which addresses several vulnerabilities which have been recently discovered, namely the FileVault password being kept in plain text issue. Additional issues fixed include and updated compatibility is UK keyboards, Samba printing queues, and RAW file compatibility updates. Check out the list below.
- Resolve an issue in which the “Reopen windows when logging back in” setting is always enabled.
- Improve compatibility with certain British third-party USB keyboards.
- Addresses permission issues that may be caused if you use the Get Info inspector function “Apply to enclosed items…” on your home directory.
- Improve Internet sharing of PPPoE connections.
- Improve using a proxy auto-configuration (PAC) file.
- Address an issue that may prevent files from being saved to an SMB server.
- Improve printing to an SMB print queue.
- Improve performance when connecting to a WebDAV server.
- Enable automatic login for NIS accounts.
- Include RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras.
- Improve the reliability of binding and logging into Active Directory accounts.
- The OS X Lion v10.7.4 Update includes Safari 5.1.6, which contains stability improvements.
The update is available now for all OS X Lion users, just hit the “Software Update” option in the Apple pull-down menu. Get to it!
Via [Apple Support]
Cross-posted from TechnologyTell